For those of you who know me - you know how cheap I am.
I'm the lady who reuses plastic ziploc bags, refills water Dasani water bottles, cuts coupons and loves to dumpster dive. My husband is the type of man who begs me to go shopping, go to a real store and purchase items. But I rarely do, because I am so cheap. I am so cheap that years ago, when Mrs4444 and I lived near each other, we split the cost of a newsletter called "The Tightwad Gazette."
Today, I am definately over budget, as I spent $41,357.97. I have never spent that kind of money, unless you count my 2nd and 3rd house. My first house was $50,000.00 - it was actually $5.00 cheaper each month for me to own a house, rather than rent. The house was very small, 800 square feet - no basement, no attic and definately not a garage. It was a two bedroom, two story Cape Cod, and my middle child was conceived and brought home to that house. My second house was about double that both in price and square footage. The house I'm in now - well, I won't even go there, but its a bit more.
So, to say I spent $41,357.97 today is, for me, overwhelming - but I spent it anyways.
I bought a pool! Well, I bought the labor and materials for a pool, so technically, I did not buy a pool, although I do have one that I purchased 2 years ago on the side of my house that is held together with duct tape. We are all so excited! I grew up on Oneida Lake (near Syracuse, NY) and my husband grew up on the Hudson River - water is in our blood so to speak. My two oldest kids are lifeguards, and my youngest is on the swim team at the local Y.
After speaking to the salesman, I asked silly questions, like what color light I could get in the pool, but one of my main concerns for the structure of the pool was for my dog, Stella. She loves to swim, and I had steps put in just for her - I so love my stinky dog. Stella, like myself, could use the exercise. She's over 100lbs of love.
We all can't wait!!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I'm definately over budget
Posted by KandeeInNY at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I looooooooooooooooove pools! I'm so excited for you!
I guess you know that I love pools, since you read my interview. At least I think you read it. Although you did mention that I live near you, but I don't live near there any more. I kinda implied that when I was on the question of whether or not I run into Marines. Hee hee.
That reminds me of the time I was out with my friend, an ex Marine. He is full of stories about his time in the service. Very colorful and fun stories. So he said one time, after just such a story, "Yeah, I had a lot of fun in the Marines." I said, "What a coincidence! Because the Marines had a lot of fun in me!" :)
Thanks for dropping by! I live in Virginia now, by the way. I'm all over the place, I tell ya!
My boyfriend is still in Oceanside area, though. He is moving here within the next couple of weeks. This long distance relationship has gone on long enough!
Keep in touch!
Hooray! When will it be done?? I wish I could watch the process; I'll bet it's interesting.
Changed readers tonight; now I'm using Google Reader, which popped this post up (it hadn't shown on my other...hmmmmm.)
Post a Comment