Remember my last post about my beautiful daughter? Today she informs me that she is going to a "Pimp & Ho" party. The sad thing is, she really doesn't look much different than her everyday ware.
Since my cancer, I'm really not into the "breast thing". I'm not to concerned if the shirt is to tight, or see through or even the fact that boobs somewhat pop out of the bra they are incased in. I’m just not overly concerned with that.
Same with hair. I’ve never had good hair. I’ve never had Farrah Fawcett hair or Jackyln Smith hair. I’ve always had crap hair, thin and fine that breaks once it gets to the length of my shoulders. I wish I could have good hair, you know the kind that I could flip from side to side, curl, straighten, you know just great hair.
But no… there were no plans for that so I’ve adjusted. After I lost my hair, I said “once it grows back, I’ll never have a “bad hair day” ever again”. But I do….
I find that my scalp shows through the thin hair and I take a deep breath, contemplate what I could and realize ABSOLUTELY NOTING can be done so I put my best face forward and go on with my day.
Tonight when my daughter announced that she was going to the “Pimp & Ho” party I did proceeded with the normal interrogational process. Who is going to be there, will there be alcohol? Who is driving, what time will you be home etc.
So I’m thinking that I did my job as a mom, but then when she walked down the stairs looking like she had a push up bra on I admit, I somewhat winced… Then I realized having boobs is better than not having boobs… I asked her boyfriend if he would pray for me tomorrow in Church and he looked at me and said “oh absolutely”. He knew exactly what I meant.
Sometimes as a parent, I just have to close my eyes and hope we all squeak through without to many bruises. I think God will forgive me.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Kids - they keep me on my toes
Posted by KandeeInNY at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hmmm....I've heard of those parties. I wonder how they came about. How did the boyfriend dress? I'm sure they had a bunch of good, clean fun, so I'm not worried about that. I think you're right not to worry too much; you've shaped her into the amazing young woman she is, and it sounds like she's going to be fine (pushed-up boobs and all!)
Post a Comment