Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rachael


My daughter Rachael went to Prom with her boyfriend Todd on Saturday - she looked beautiful. I look at her and wonder where she got her looks from as she takes my breath away on a daily basis. She changes up her hair, does something a little "different" with her makeup and I'm just blown away by her. Of course, I think she’s most beautiful without a drop of make up on her.
Rachael is my "Cybil" from the Exorcist. When she was little, I had no peace. She was always into something and dramatic. When Rach was born, she aspirated the meconium in her placenta so she was placed in intensive care for a week. After she came home to the house, there was never any question that her lungs were just fine. She could yell louder, cry louder and longer than any child I had ever known. To this day, she is my loud child. But she is also the child who will take care of me when I am old. After my cancer surgeries, she was the one who took total control of my care even though she was only 11. She was my Nurse Nelly through out all the difficulties I had. She’s a good kid and I’m very proud of her.
I wonder what she will think or say when I actually do have to go and have her take care of me. I think I will leave my clothes out on the floor, underware crotch up, food, juice, beverages all over my room and see what she says. I will watch scary movies, leave makeup all over EVERY bathroom and see if I get grounded.
Nah, probably not.. I’ll just be happy to be with my Cybil.
Thanks Rach!
Love Mom

1 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Beautiful, beautiful, and beautiful. Nice post. Sweet photo. May I have another?