Friday, June 6, 2008

Road Trip




This summer, we are headed back to NY to see our family and friends we ditched when we relocated. Around Christmas 2007, I started thinking of what I could get for my husband for a special gift. I knew we were going "back east" in the summer, and I knew that this was to be the last year in Yankee Stadium. So I devised a scheme to have all of Chuck's family (around 22+) meet us in NYC to see the Yankees. I have to admit, it wasn't too hard convincing them, as they are all diehard fans. I couldn't keep a secret too long, as it was difficult to convince Chuck that we really needed to fly into JFK and not Rochester or Syracuse. I think he was actually still surprised just a couple months in advance.
Although I had lived in NY for over 40 years, I have never been to the "City." I have passed by NYC on my way to Long Island but never actually been in the "City." So, we will be tourists from California in July - I can gawk and take pictures and enjoy myself. I just hope we don't get mugged.

1 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Awesome! When are you leaving? I'm hoping Kendall and I can start our trip June 18th.

P.S. I figured out how to get my music player to fit in the sidebar. It's very simple, once you find the code. Call me (at home) if you want to chat!!)