
When the microwave oven first came out many, many years ago, my father would watch the clock tick backwards while waiting for the clock to stop
10, 9, 8, 7 ,6, 5, 4, 3, 2..........1
Then he would say he just wasted x amount of minutes of his life that he would never get back.
My mom on the other hand had a clock on the oven that she put a piece of tape over that said.
"Time stands still for no one".
After she died, I inherited her jewerely box. In the box was a cheapo digital watch that was still working. I kept it in the box and would pull it out once in a while, breath a sigh of relief that it was in fact still working.
I remember the day the watch stopped, it was a very sad day for me. I still have the watch but I could not bear to put a new battery in it.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
And the clock strikes 12
Posted by KandeeInNY at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG I got goosebumps....That is so symbolic...makes you really look at how fragile every second is...
hugs ♥
I love it. Sweet post.
Post a Comment