Today Chuck went to the store and came home with a mystery just waiting for a sleuth like me to crack. He presented me with a flash drive that he found next to his truck in the parking lot at the local store.
My mind went crazy, I wondered what mysteries could be solved with the flash drive. Do I open the drive up? What would it reveal? Maybe, just maybe it belonged to a Russian Spy and it had all his secrets, maybe it belonged to the President, the Secret Service, maybe it contained Martha Stewarts Insider Trading Stock tips, maybe it would reveal where Al Capone was actually buried? Maybe it belonged to the mob, a movie star, a foreign dignitary, the possibilities were endless.
Do I take a chance and open it? What if the Spy/Owner came and tracked me down like on the movie “The Net” with Sandra Bullock? Maybe I should just throw it away in my neighbor’s garbage and then when the Spy came to kill me because I “knew too much”, he would be thrown off by my quick thinking and disposal of the evidence in my neighbor’s garbage. No, I couldn’t do that to my neighbor, I actually like them.
I decided to throw all caution to the wind and just open it so I could save the world with my new found knowledge.
I found some excel files, some accounting information, some fliers, meeting minutes… Oh how very exciting.. I had to read more….
Then, I took a deep sigh and realized what I had.
Girl Scout Crap.
Bunch of Girl Scout information…… Now I love Girl Scouts, in fact my daughters have both been in Girl Scouts but I must say, I was a bit disappointed.
I read further and wondered who I could belong to. I opened a file entitled “letter of recommendation” for which I found a name and number at the bottom of the letter. I took a chance and called the author of the letter and let them know that I/Chuck found their flash drive in the parking lot. She was grateful and wondered how I could know it was her lost drive? I proudly replied “I read all your stuff”. Gosh, I sounded like a stalker now that I think about it.
Lady came to the house, offered me a Mary Kay booklet as she happens to sell the What a reward… Maybe when I opened the door to give it to her she was thinking yikes, this lady is pretty ugly, she needs my help. Maybe she leaves these flash drives all over the city hoping an ugly person would find it.
Oh well, I may have looked/acted like a Creeper/Stalker but I’m an honest Stalker.
My mind went crazy, I wondered what mysteries could be solved with the flash drive. Do I open the drive up? What would it reveal? Maybe, just maybe it belonged to a Russian Spy and it had all his secrets, maybe it belonged to the President, the Secret Service, maybe it contained Martha Stewarts Insider Trading Stock tips, maybe it would reveal where Al Capone was actually buried? Maybe it belonged to the mob, a movie star, a foreign dignitary, the possibilities were endless.
Do I take a chance and open it? What if the Spy/Owner came and tracked me down like on the movie “The Net” with Sandra Bullock? Maybe I should just throw it away in my neighbor’s garbage and then when the Spy came to kill me because I “knew too much”, he would be thrown off by my quick thinking and disposal of the evidence in my neighbor’s garbage. No, I couldn’t do that to my neighbor, I actually like them.
I decided to throw all caution to the wind and just open it so I could save the world with my new found knowledge.
I found some excel files, some accounting information, some fliers, meeting minutes… Oh how very exciting.. I had to read more….
Then, I took a deep sigh and realized what I had.
Girl Scout Crap.
Bunch of Girl Scout information…… Now I love Girl Scouts, in fact my daughters have both been in Girl Scouts but I must say, I was a bit disappointed.
I read further and wondered who I could belong to. I opened a file entitled “letter of recommendation” for which I found a name and number at the bottom of the letter. I took a chance and called the author of the letter and let them know that I/Chuck found their flash drive in the parking lot. She was grateful and wondered how I could know it was her lost drive? I proudly replied “I read all your stuff”. Gosh, I sounded like a stalker now that I think about it.
Lady came to the house, offered me a Mary Kay booklet as she happens to sell the What a reward… Maybe when I opened the door to give it to her she was thinking yikes, this lady is pretty ugly, she needs my help. Maybe she leaves these flash drives all over the city hoping an ugly person would find it.
Oh well, I may have looked/acted like a Creeper/Stalker but I’m an honest Stalker.

1 comments:
"Girl Scout Crap" That's the part that made me laugh, and hard!
Those Mary Kay ladies; any excuse to get a new customer; I'll bet you're right and she has like twelve of them to "lose" all over town. (JUST KIDDING, MARY KAY LADIES...UH...Mary Kay Consultants, excuse me.) For the record, I DO buy Mary Kay. So, what are you trying to say, Kandee??? Huh?!
Post a Comment