Monday, February 11, 2008

The Silver Stallion has left the track

I have to admit, I have stayed away from my blog because of its appearance. I even begged a friend of mine to do it. Here's my password and username, please, please, please....

But no, she has to go burn cookies and doesn't have time for my blog.

So here I go...

I'm in a somewhat saddened mood. Tonight, we sold the Silver Stallion; my 2001 Ford Windstar that carried us 2793 miles across country when we decided to move from NY to CA. The Silver Stallion that kept me from going insane with its ability to put my children in a somewhat coma while they watched movies in the backseat and I listened to my favorite CD. The Silver Stallion, which had a few bumps and bruises, but for the most part lived a happy life here with our family of five.

I had to give it a cool name so that I could possibly persuade my oldest child to take it when I got a new vehicle. "Come on, it's the 'Silver Stallion!' It's a chick magnet! You can even watch porn in the back on the 8-inch screen!" But to no avail; none of my children even wanted my free Silver Stallion. They would rather take the bus.

I put the car on Cragslist last night, and today, a nice lady emailed me, very excited. Her husband and nephew came over and said, "We will take it!" and then rode off into the sunset. I feel somewhat sad, as it was a good vehicle for me. I actually never minded driving it. I didn't care that some people may have thought it wasn't cool enough for California; it was mine and all mine. I hope the new family loves it as much as I did.

I tried to tell them all the great things about it, but they didn't seem too interested. Heck, they didn't even test drive it. I boasted about the 6-player CD, the entertainment package, the fact that there were adjustments for the pedals for short-legged people. They just didn't seem to care. So, I may not have told them that I've had like 4 flat tires (nails love me) and that the brake light occasionally sticks; therefore, the battery will die, or that sometimes the check engine light comes on but I just ignore it. I actually gave them a deal, as Kelley's Blue Book listed it for over $6K, and I sold it for $4K.

My Silver Stallion was replaced with a 2008 Ford Expedition...Some people may think I'm terrible for getting an SUV, but I do love my new car. I do my share (and my neighbor's share) of recycling and composting, so I splurge a little of Black Beauty. My husband bought it for me for Christmas; it had a big red bow on it Christmas Day, just like in the movies!!! I was shocked; I've never had a new car. I'm 44 years old and never had a new vehicle (even the Stallion was green broke and used when I got him. )

My family surprised the heck out of me Christmas Day. I received the usual; new PJ's, bathrobe, slippes, and thought I was done with my gifts, and my daughter said, "Oh yeah, Mom, did you open the big box?"

Big box??

"Oh yeah, Mom. It's outside. I forgot..."

I walked out in my new PJ's and saw this big BLACK BEAUTY on the road...I laughed and said, "Yeah, right..." My husband pulled out the keys and remote: beep-beep...I was speechless! I have to say this is the first time in my life I was actually speechless.

Instead of the "Silver Stallion," Black Beauty is a perfect fit for our family. I can still sing like crazy and the kids can watch their DVD. Plus, I look hot in it...maybe it's the tinted windows?

1 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Man, your friend is selfish! You should seriously reconsider that relationship!

Expedition?! In California, no less?! Wow. Very impressive; that's the in-your-face Kandee that I remember and love :)

Please explain why you basically tucked $2000 in the glove box before they drove away???